Staircase Glazer VE500 provides a protective, colourless and odourless sealant while maintaining the natural appearance of your wooden stairs. Available in matt or gloss. Intended for the protection of new or old wooden stairs, Staircase Glazer VE500 provides effective protection against daily wear and tear, stains, water and scratches. Available in 1, 2, 5 or 10L.
Staircase Glazer VE500 is ideal for sealing and protecting your new or old wooden stairs. Specially developed for the protection of wooden stairs exposed to frequent use, this staircase sealer provides long-lasting protection against daily wear and tear. This colourless staircase glazer, available in a matt or gloss finish, respects the natural appearance of the wood. Its formula in aqueous phase and without volatile solvents guarantees an A+ classification for indoor air quality and great comfort of use.
BENEFITS OF THE COLOURLESS STAIRCASE GLAZER
- Easy application
- Comfort and safety of use
- Preserves the natural appearance of the wood
- Protects wooden stairs
- Washable, easy to clean
- Non-harmful to health and the environment
- Air quality A+
- Vitrificator specially adapted for stairs
- Ready to use
- Suitable for new or old stairs
- Resistant to household products, water, stains and scratches
- Quick drying
- Flexible and resiliant
How to apply Staircase Glazer VE500
PREPARE THE FLOOR
- Before varnish the staircase, the wood must be clean, dry, dust-free and free of traces of old finishes.
- If necessary, strip or sand down to the raw wood.
- During the wood preparation phase, we recommend that you apply a primer to the staircase once it has been sanded or stripped down to the raw wood. To glaze a staircase made of exotic woods (Ipe, Iroko, Teak, etc.) or tannic woods (oak, chestnut, etc.), we recommend preparing the surface with the Anti-Tanins Primer PAT400. If your staircase is made of another type of wood, then prepare the staircase with the Pore Filler Primer BP400 (fond dur).
APPLICATION OF THE STAIRCASE GLAZER VE500
- Ready-to-use product. Shake well before application
- Do not apply in ambient temperatures below 12°C (53,6F) or above 35°C (95F).
- Apply in the direction of the wood grain using a brush, spalter or roller (short bristles) in 3 regular and generous coats.
- Leave to dry for a minimum of 2 hours between coats without exceeding 24 hours.
- A light gritting (sanding) with fine abrasive paper (120 grit) is recommended after the first coat. Dust carefully before applying the next coat.
- Complete hardening is achieved after a few days. Take a few precautions during the first few days.
- Routine dry cleaning: vacuum cleaner, mop or woollen cloth. Wet cleaning: cloth, mop or wrung out sponge broom (water + mild soap).
- After a surface sanding, apply the same product in one coat on the highly use surfaces.
PRECAUTIONS AFTER APPLICATION OF THE STAIRCASE GLAZER
Complete hardening is reached after several days, take a few precautions during the first few days:
- Do not cover the freshly glazed staircase.
- It is advisable to remove dust with a vacuum cleaner or broom, avoiding the use of impregnated textiles.
- If water or other liquids fall on the glazed staircase, avoid letting them stagnate.
- Make a preliminary test of the stair sealer on a fall or an inconspicuous area to assess the result after application.
Just like parquet and hardwood floors, stairs are subject to the comings and goings of the people using them. As a result, steps can become dirty, damaged and lose their colour or shine. To avoid these worries, we recommend applying a protective product to new stairs to prevent these daily aggressions. In this way, wooden stair treads will be more resistant to knocks, shocks and dirt. For effective protection, it is recommended to apply a suitable glazer such as the staircase glazer that we offer in our shop. This protection is the ideal product to keep your wooden stairs shining.
- Application support
- Types of wood
- All kinds
- Available Colours
- Satin-matt, glossy
- Number of coats
- 2 to 3 coats
- 10 to 15 m²/L per coat
- Drying time
- 2 hours
- Necessary Tools
- Brush, Spalter (wide brush) or roller
- Cleaning of tools
- Product Composition
- Polyurethane resin in aqueous phase
- Useful for...
- Protect against wear and stains
Customers who bought this product also bought: