Also known as a parquet varnish, the Parquet Glazer VP500 offers extreme protection against daily wear and tear to your wooden floors and parquet. Colourless, odourless, available in matt or gloss, it does not change the natural appearance of the wood. Intended for the protection of new or old wooden floors and parquet, Parquet Glazer VP500 effectively waterproofs and protects against stains, water and scratches. Available in 1, 2, 5 and 10L.
Whether your floors are old or new, oak, chestnut or any other type of wood, Anova Bois' Parquet Glazer VP500 is perfectly suited to vitrify, protect and waterproof your parquet and wooden floors. Its water-based polyurethane resin formulation provides a very high level of protection for frequent use, and a long-lasting waterproofing against water and stains, without altering the original appearance of the floor. This parquet glazer is ideal for all types of wooden floors, old or new, solid wood or laminated. The colourless parquet glazer with matt finish allows you to preserve the natural appearance of your wooden floor in the best possible way.
Varnishes (or parquet varnishes) offer protection to wooden floors and are applied in several thin coats. The protective material penetrates and is then thinly deposited on the surface of the wood. As a result, the parquet floor has excellent resistance to stain penetration, scratches and other daily wear and tear.
The Parquet Glazer VP500 has been formulated to penetrate deeply into the surface of the wooden floor to give a very good adhesion. This ability to penetrate the wood and the flexibility of its formula means that this parquet glazer does not flake off as it ages.
This product for sealing a parquet floor is safe for the environment and the applicator.
- Easy to apply
- Comfort and safety of use
- Preserves the natural appearance of the wood
- Durable waterproofing
- Washable, easy to clean
- Does not flake
- Matt or glossy appearance
- Non-harmful to health and the environment
- Air quality A+
- Glazer specially adapted to parquet floors
- Ready to use
- Protects against water, stains and scratches
- Resistant to household products
- Quick drying
- Flexible and resiliant
How to apply parquet glazer VP500
PREPARE THE FLOOR
- Before varnishing the floor, the wood must be clean, dry, dust-free and free of traces of old finishes.
- For antique, glazed, waxed or oiled floorboards, sand until bare in the direction of the grain with a floorboard sander. Depending on the condition of the surface, cleaning or stripping may be sufficient.
- Dust carefully
- For tannic (oak, chestnut,...) or exotic woods (Ipe, Iroko, Teak,...), we advise preparing the floor with the Anti-Tanins Primer PAT400
- For other types of wood, prepare the flooring with the Special Primer For Parquet PSP400 .
APPLICATION OF THE PARQUET GLAZER VP500
- The PARQUET GLAZER VP500 is ready to use without the need for dilution.
- Shake the product well before use.
- Avoid applying the product if the ambient temperature is below 12°C (53,6 F) or above 30°C (86F).
- Preferably apply parquet glazer in dry weather.
- Apply the parquet glazer in the direction of the grain using a brush, spalter or roller (short bristles), in 3 regular and generous coats.
DRYING BETWEEN SUCCESSIVE COATS OF THE PARQUET GLAZER
- Leave a drying time of at least 2 hours between coats, not exceeding 24 hours.
- Once the first coat of parquet glazer has been applied, a light grub down* with fine abrasive paper (120 grit) is recommended to obtain a perfectly smooth surface that is smooth to the touch.
- Dust carefully before applying the next coat.
- * Rubbing down consists of a very light sanding of the surface with the aim of "breaking" the imperfections of the first layer of parquet glazer and any wood fibres that may have risen. There is no need to press down forcefully.
PRECAUTIONS AFTER APPLYING THE PARQUET GLAZER
Once the last coat of Parquet Glazer VP500 has been applied, it is possible to walk on the wooden floor after 24 hours. However, the parquet glazer is only fully hardened after several days, so some precautions should be taken during the first few days:
- Avoid covering the floor with tarpaulins.
- Do not lay carpets on the freshly varnished floorboards.
- Avoid moving heavy furniture
- It is advisable to remove dust with a vacuum cleaner or broom, avoiding the use of impregnated textiles.
- After hardening, place suitable protections under the legs of tables and chairs is recommended.
- To assess the final result, a preliminary test of the parquet sealer on a spot or an area that is not very visible is recommended. To get an idea, you can consult the
- We recommend that you choose the matt finish for your floor if you wish to keep the natural look of the wood.
MAINTAINING AND RENOVATING YOUR WOODEN FLOOR
MAINTENANCE OF WOOD FLOORING
- The daily maintenance of a solid wood floor, whether laminated or glued, should be carried out dry, using a vacuum cleaner, mop or woollen cloth.
- For wet cleaning of stains on the surface of the wooden floor, use a damp cloth, a very damp mop or sponge mop. (water + Liquid Black Soap SN800). Avoid cleaning the floor with large amounts of water.
RENOVATE WOODEN FLOORING
- On wood flooring that is untreated or has a finish other than Parquet Glazer VP500, follow the classic application procedure indicated above on this page.
- On a wooden floor already protected with Parquet Glazer VP500, after lightly sanding the surface of the floor, simply apply a new coat of product. The renovation of a wooden floor protected with Parquet Glazer VP500 doesn’t need to be done for many years. A wooden floor protected in this way does not have to be given a maintenance coat every year, as is the case with oils for example. This is the advantage of the product.
Guide to sealing a wooden floor
Consult our guide "How to seal a parquet floor?" to learn the exact method to to protect your wooden floor .
Parquet glazers (parquet varnishes) are products for protecting floors, parquet and wooden floors. Although the term sealer is suitable for floors and the term varnish is more suitable for furniture, the products are generally the same, so a parquet varnish or a parquet sealer are very similar in terms of composition and application. Generally speaking, vitrifiers are more resistant products than varnishes because they must protect parquet, floors and flooring in a durable way, the latter being subjected to more stress than furniture. Nowadays, people with wooden floors are primarily looking for a product that can protect the floor effectively and does not change the wood. With this in mind, we have created the Parquet Glazer VP500, which is a product that does not alter the natural colour of the wood. It is available in matt, for a finish as close as possible to the original wood, or glossy, for a brilliant effect.
- Application support
- Wooden flooring
- Types of wood
- All kinds
- Available Colours
- Satin-matt, glossy
- Number of coats
- 3 layers
- 10 to 15 m²/L per coat
- Drying time
- 2 hours
- Necessary Tools
- Brush, Spalter (wide brush) or roller
- Cleaning of tools
- Product Composition
- Polyurethane resin in aqueous phase
- Useful for...
- Protect a wooden floor
Customers who bought this product also bought: