The Ipe Saturator SI600 is a protection and maintenance product specially designed for terraces, garden furniture and other outdoor furniture made of exotic Ipé wood. It provides long-lasting protection against weathering, greying and stains while reviving the original colour of Ipé. Reinforced UV protection. Easy to apply as a single layer. Easy maintenance as it is non-film-forming. Available in 1, 2, 5 or 10L.
Easy to apply, Ipe Saturator SI600 impregnates the surface of Ipé woods and protects them effectively against climatic aggressions (UV, bad weather). Non film-forming and non-scaling, Ipé Saturator SI600 is perfectly suited to maintaining ipé terraces and other supports made of Ipé wood. It has the particularity of providing good protection for Ipé terraces at the edge of swimming pools because its formula is resistant to stagnant chlorinated water.
Easy to apply in a single layer, the Ipe Saturator SI600 is ideal for protecting large ipé terraces. Non film-forming, it is easy to maintain as it does not require sanding.
Hue Ipe: Red brown, close to the natural hue of Ipe.
Specially dedicated to the protection of ipe, this saturator is safe for the environment and for the applicator.
BENEFITS OF IPE SATURATOR SI600
- Special saturator for ipe wood
- Non-film-forming, does not flake off
- Strong impregnation
- Monolayer = Ease of use
- Ideal for large ipe terraces
- Quick drying
- Non-greasy, non-slip
- Valorises the nature of the ipe
- Ready to use
- Cleaning tools with water
- Colour adapted to ipe
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE OF IPE SATURATOR
PREPARE THE TERRACE OR IPE FURNITURE
- The wood must be clean, dry, dust-free and without traces of old finishes.
- On old finishes, strip, clean, or sand down to the raw wood. Dust carefully.
APPLICATION OF IPE WOOD SATURATOR
- Product ready to use, shake well the ipe wood saturator before application for a good dispersion of the pigments. No dilution is necessary.
- Make sure that the ambient temperature is between +10°C (50F) and +35°C (95F).
- Apply the ipe saturator in the direction of the wood grain using a brush, spalter or roller (short bristles), in 1 regular and fine coat. For very absorbent substrates, apply a 2nd coat after a minimum drying time of 2 hours but not more than 24 hours.
- Allow to dry. Wait at least 24 hours before putting back into use.
- Take a few precautions during the first few days.
PRECAUTIONS BEFORE APPLYING THE SATURATOR
- Do not apply ipe deck saturator (or any other ipe substrate) at temperatures below 10°C (50F).
- Do not apply in direct sunlight and at a temperature above 35°C (95F).
- Do not apply on wood that is grey, blackened and/or with the presence of mould (black spots).
- Do not apply in rainy weather
PRECAUTIONS AFTER APPLICATION OF THE SATURATOR
It is important to take a few precautions during the first few days:
- Do not cover the terrace or ipe furniture
- Do not move heavy garden furniture on newly protected terraces.
- To appreciate the final result, first test the SI600 Ipé Saturator on a drop or an inconspicuous area. To get an idea, you can consult the
- Application of the saturator with a sprayer is possible for large terraces.
MAINTAINING AND RENOVATING YOUR IPE WOOD
MAINTAIN YOUR TERRACE OR GARDEN FURNITURE
- Maintain as soon as the colour of the wood becomes lighter and duller due to weathering and UV radiation from the sun.
- It is not necessary to sand
- On clean and dust-free wood, apply 1 coat of Ipe Saturator SI600 .
RENOVATING A TERRACE OR GARDEN FURNITURE IN IPE
- After cleaning the wood with Wood Cleaner N100 (or with the concentrated version N140), apply Ipe Saturator SI600 in one coat on the most stressed supports.
Application of the Ipe Saturator SI600
HOW TO MAINTAIN YOUR TERRACE IN Ipe?
Le guide "How to Protect your Ipe Terrace" is useful to describe and explain the steps to protect and maintain your ipe terrace.
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO TREAT YOUR TERRACE IN IPE
Our guide will answer this question and direct you on how to deal with it.
Oil, Stain or Saturator? The ideal product.
Are you thinking of protecting your ipe terrace with a stain? Wait and read our guide, you will change your mind.
Ipe is an exotic wood species native to the tropical regions of Latin America and is today an essential material when creating a wooden deck. Between its excellent durability, its incomparable colour, and its good resistance to external pests, ipé has everything to please. However, it is still a living material requiring maintenance, especially when used as a terrace. Outdoors, ipe terraces and other ipe substrates are subject to weather conditions such as rain, hail or the sun's UV rays. It is therefore recommended to apply a protection and maintenance product to this wood to increase its resistance and longevity.
- Application support
- Types of wood
- Available Colours
- Number of coats
- 1 coat
- 10 to 15 m²/L per coat
- Drying time
- Necessary Tools
- Brush, Spalter (wide brush) or roller
- Cleaning of tools
- Useful for...
- Protecting terraces and garden furniture in ipe
Customers who bought this product also bought: